Monday, February 22, 2010

'you have redeemed my soul...'

i love words and definitions - they speak to my heart.

re·deem\ri-deem\
1: to recover by discharging an obligation 2: to ransom, free, or rescue by paying a price 3: to free from the consequences of sin 4: to remove the obligation of payment 5: to make good by performing 6: to atone for.


ran·som\ran-suh m\
1: something paid or demanded for the freedom of a captive 2: to free from captivity or punishment by paying a price


a·tone\ah-tohn\
1: to make amends for 2: the reconciliation of God and mankind through the death of Jesus Christ 3: reparation for an offense: SATISFACTION

(From Merriam-Webster Dictionary)



Romans 8:28-30
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose for those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."

{Thought to self: I love God. I have been called according to HIS purpose. He foreknew me and has predestined me to conform to the likeness of Jesus. He has called me. I have been justified. And I have been glorified!}

glo·ri·fy\glawr-uh-fahy\
1: to make glorious by bestowing honor, praise, or admiration 2: to elevate to celestial glory 3: to light up brightly 4: EXTOL 5: to give glory (as in worship)


really? me!?

2 comments:

  1. You have been glorified! How beautiful!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, food to my heart and soul. Thanks Lem, and you know, Jesus too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones