Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Peace

emotions are high, energy is low and my soul is always well.


It is a really beautiful thing to go through so many emotions in one day - feeling completely worn out and exhausted to emotionally distraught and always, always feeling at peace.



Of course this peace comes from none other than my, our beautiful Savior Jesus.

Isaiah 26:3 says, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

Jesus says in John 14:26-27, "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Not only do I believe these truths because they are in God's Word - which I hold as eternal truth, but also because I have experienced it in my life!


(this thought was presented to me a few weeks ago by a pastor)
QUESTION:"What is so good, to me, about the Good News of Jesus?"
(and now my response)
ANSWER: Peace. Never before have I felt so great when I feel so bad. Never before have I felt so hopeful when circumstances leave me helpless. Never before have I felt so peaceful when the world is so distraught!




So, friends and family I proclaim this truth to you: Jesus is peace. Once He has captured your life and you enter into a lifelong committed relationship with Him, you will experience everlasting peace.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you Father for blessing your precious daughter Jess with wisdom and insight far beyond her years! May her words go forth as a powerful, pulsing ripple across all your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the songs you have on your blog. they were a great encouragement to me tonight. thanks, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones