Wednesday, February 10, 2010

romans.

I am reading in romans.
Today I read about how faithful and righteous our God is. His righteousness and faithfulness depends nothing on ours (or our lack of). How great - what a relief!






I have recently been feeling VERY convicted about my relationship with my Father (God). I desire, and even talk about my desire, to spend more time with Him, yet always find things to fill my time instead. In thinking about our relationship I was also thinking about how a relationship with an earthly father, or any person, should look.
When a friend or family member is near me and wanting to hang out with me, I am overjoyed to put everything aside in order to give them my full attention and time. A little less excited when it is family - because I know they will always be there, but still, I am more likely to go and be with them than to ignore them completely. And as far as God goes - He is always here. Always ready to hang out. Always ready to fill me and energize me with his presence and love. And I ignore Him.

How would a friend feel or react if I did this to her?
:hurt, abandoned, unloved, she would be less inclined to put as much energy into our relationship if my response was such, but she would still try, until of course I stop responding and she abandons the relationship - rightfully!
How does God feel when I do this to Him?
:probably some of the same emotions, hurt, abandoned, ignored, unloved, etc. - the difference here is that He will keep putting the same amount of energy into our relationship - He will never go far away - He will never abandon me. I deserve so much less than He gives, but He continues to give.

So, why don't my actions change? Why can't I just love Him well?????










it is crazy how much we need Him.
I need Him even to help me love Him.
and I do love Him.

2 comments:

  1. love you Jess. thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thoughts.
    i'm happy you shared.
    Father is so good.
    loving us when we mistreat him.

    ReplyDelete

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones