Thursday, January 14, 2010

starbucks.

I love coffee.
I love being a barista.
I love people.
I love music.
I love all those things combined into one place called, "Starbucks".

Working there is one of the most interesting aspects of my life. I LOVE it and am confident in my abilities, while at the same time it makes me SO NERVOUS.

Nervous that I will say or do the wrong thing in a moment of frustration.
Nervous that I will spill a drink and my co-workers will judge me.
Nervous that I am not being Jesus in such a lost place.
Nervous that I am too nervous about sharing.
Nervous that I don't know how to respond to some comments said by my co-workers without passing judgment.
Summary: Nervous of failure.

All of these things are really good for me to be aware of and pray about. And that is why I love it.

I love taking orders and talking with customers.
I love making drinks.
I love down-times when I can chat with my co-workers.
I love making silly mistakes and laughing at myself.
I love being able to serve in little ways.
I love that I don't care about the logistical business stuff and can just relax.
I love being Jesus in such a lost place.
I love sharing - when opportunity arises.
I love building community connections!
I love responding without passing judgment when a co-worker says something questionable.
Summary: I love succeeding in obedience to God.

Some days it is really hard to work when I feel like people will talk about me when I am not there (in a bad way) but on days like today, the Lord blesses me so abundantly that that thought doesn't even matter - and I am able to enjoy every minute of working with them! Today was fun and I am glad I work at Starbucks :)




{notice how the "loves" out way the "nervous-es"? that is good.}

1 comment:

  1. I love you! You are so awesome.
    Who could say anything bad about you?
    I used to worry about that at my old job.
    But as long as your conscious is clear with God (obedience), the rest is fluff.
    I'll pray for opportunities for you. As you watch for them, don't wait too long...

    ReplyDelete

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones