Sunday, November 1, 2009

World Prayer Night /Hope in Christ: Seminar on Sexual Abuse

This past week has been CRAZY busy.

Tuesday was my birthday. I am now officially in my "mid-twenties". Weird.
My friends worked hard to throw a surprise party for me, and despite the lack of surprise (due to my skeptical nature), I felt very blessed and loved! So, thanks.
My friends made a cake that "looks" like my car - I was not ready for the picture...



On Thursday night we held our annual World Prayer Night. World Prayer Night is a night where we have all of Challenge come to pray for different things that are happening throughout the world, in association with Missions. We have it set up in "stations". In the past we have had stations such as: a time to prepare yourself, an individual person (overseas), a people group, a nation, a religion, missionaries and an end "thinking" station. This year we experimented with some new ideas :) Our stations this year were: worship (with sand art - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_T2z4ktzfQ), Blessing (think about what you have been given), Missionaries going to Japan, Poverty, Bible Translation, Campus that we partnership with in Asia and Alter (think about what you can give). It was lots of fun and an overall success, despite the stressful week before it! It is always fun to devote so much time in prayer for others!


This weekend the staff women (Lisa, Brandi, Michelle and Me) went to Wichita for a conference on how to help our students who have been impacted by sexual abuse. We were able to get together with lots of other women from campus ministries in the region who we love dearly - and it was hosted by the FOCUS staff women who also mean SO much to us!
It was really great to get with those women and share in life with people who know exactly what you do for a living and how it feels to be in ministry. Although, it was a very heavy topic.
Our speaker Precious Atchison did an amazing job of sharing Biblical truths and helping us to form a theology around a life of hurt. Although I learned a lot, I feel there is so much more to learn in this area!


After our first night at the conference I felt as if I needed about a year to process through all of this stuff. In relation to my own life, there were many things that came up in my mind and heart that need to be processed through and many conversations with God that need to happen.
Coming into the weekend, I knew it would be hard and draining, but alongside a very busy week - I am ready for rest.



Last night I went on a lengthy bike ride and felt really great afterward. I think I will enjoy another one today and some time chatting with my Dad about all this intense stuff.

Please pray that I would be faithful in addressing issues and seeking guidance in this process.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Friend! It sounds like you have been quite busy this week! I am glad that God blessed you with love today and also time to process things in your own life! I will be praying for that!

    And yes, I am allowed to talk on the phone here. The phone kind of sucks though so it would be better to set up a skype date! I dont actually know my schedule for this week, other than being busy, but when I do, i will let you know some good times to chat!! :-) miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister! Wow! You've been up to a lot. I am glad you were able to go to that sweet conference. I will be praying for your time of processing. Just remember that you aren't in this alone but have a Father and Eldest Brother to help you with this time. I love you!

    Amanda Olinger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, Jess. You're so busy! I am excited to see you on Thursday. I feel like I have never seen you in my entire life.

    I love you!

    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see you this weekend! I'll be praying for you as you chew on and process the conference. I am happy challenge still does the world prayer night. . . I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Jess.
    Praying for you here!
    Let's chat soon!

    ReplyDelete

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones